2023 GAA World Games
These teams are:
Iberia GAA (Open Men)
Iberia GAA (Open Ladies)
*Open to all
Iberia GAA (International Men)
Iberia GAA (International Ladies)
*International Teams (Exclusively Non-Irish Players)
WORLD GAMES FORMAT
Cup, Shield and Plate competitions in all codes (camogie/hurling/football/ladies) with teams divided into two categories – OPEN and INTERNATIONAL (more info below).
Games are 9-a-side with a maximum of 13 players & 2 mentors per team squad. Group games are 18 mins (2×9); knock-out games 24mins (2×12) and finals are 30mins (2×15) long.
Most games will be played at the Derry GAA Centre of Excellence in Owenbeg (near Dungiven) which has six pitches (5 grass & 1 astro). The highest level (‘Cup’) finals in each code (8) will be played in the Celtic Park stadium in Derry city, one of the most historic GAA venues in Ireland.
Schedule of events (Preliminary)
- Sunday, July 23rd Teams arrive in Derry from Dublin and Belfast airport – 2,000 participants and additional 2,000/2,500 spectators
- Monday, July 24th – Thursday July 27th Games in Owenbeg begin (100 Teams)
- Monday, July 24th – Parade and opening ceremony / concert
- Friday, July 28th finals day in Celtic Park – nine finals – start at 11am finish at 5pm
- Friday, July 28th closing ceremony Guild Hall – all-star ceremony, speeches, buffet and
- Saturday, July 29th – Teams leave Derry
Accommodation information will be released to the traveling teams designated liaison officer once the team registration fee has been received.
Accommodation cost range from £35 – £225 per night pp (hotels, student accommodation, hostels, B&Bs, and self-catering) accommodations is on a first come first served bases.
If you wish to be included in the selection for the Iberian teams
please register on the form below.
GAA World Games Registration
Register your details to be included in the selection for the Iberian Gaelic Games Squads 2023.
Expressions of interest are also being registered for a Pan European County Squad.
If you would be interested in apply for a position on that squad, fill in the form by clicking the button on the right.